Kevin Spacey charged with felony sexual assault - Silver Screen Beat
Connect with us

Movie News

Amid felony sexual assault charge, Kevin Spacey shares bizarre video on social media

Published

on

Kevin Spacey
FREDERICK M. BROWN/GETTY IMAGES

More than a year after the first accusations of sexual misconduct began to level against Kevin Spacey, the Boston Globe is reporting that the disgraced actor is now facing a felony charge for allegedly sexually assaulting the teenage son of a former Boston TV news anchor in 2016.

Spacey is scheduled to be arraigned on charges relating to indecent assault and battery on a person 14 or over at Nantucket District Court on January 7, Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe told the Globe.

O’Keefe also said that a public show-cause hearing was held last week on December 20 where Clerk Magistrate Ryan Kearney issued a criminal complaint for the charge “against Kevin S. Fowler, also known as Kevin Spacey.”

In November 2017, Heather Unruh, a longtime Boston journalist, held a news conference during which she accused Spacey of purchasing alcohol for her 18-year-old son, who had told Spacey he was of drinking age, until he was intoxicated, before sticking his hand inside the teen’s pants and groping his genitals.

“I want to see Kevin Spacey go to jail,” Unruh told reporters. “I want to see Kevin Spacey have the hand of justice come down on him, not just for my son, but for the many others who have yet to speak their truth.”

Moments before the news of the felony charge against Spacey broke, the actor tweeted for the first time in over a year to share a link to a rather bizarre video in which he appears in character as Frank Underwood from the Netflix series House of Cards.

“I told you my deepest, darkest secrets. I showed you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honesty, but mostly I challenged you and made you think. And you trusted me. Even though you knew you shouldn’t,” Spacey says in the video.

Reps for Spacey did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Advertisement
Comments

Movie News

Phoenix: Warner Bros. invites you to a screening of Edward Norton’s ‘Motherless Brooklyn’

Published

on

Motherless Brooklyn
WARNER BROS.

Warner Bros. will release Motherless Brooklyn, the new crime drama from writer, director, and star Edward Norton, on October 19 and its giving Silver Screen Beat readers in Phoenix a chance to attend an advance screening of the film before it officially opens in theaters.

Our readers in Phoenix can click on this link right now to claim their free passes — good for you and one guest — to attend an advance screening of Motherless Brooklyn happening at Harkins Scottsdale 101 on Monday, October 28 at 6:30 p.m.

Keep in mind that these free passes are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to claim yours as soon as possible before they run out. Below is the official trailer for Motherless Brooklyn as well as some additional details about the film.

Directed by: Edward Norton

Cast: Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Alec Baldwin, and Willem Dafoe

Opens: Friday, November 1

Rating: R for language throughout, including some sexual references, brief drug use, and violence

Synopsis: Set against the backdrop of 1950s New York, Motherless Brooklyn follows Lionel Essrog (Edward Norton), a lonely private detective living with Tourette Syndrome, as he ventures to solve the murder of his mentor and only friend, Frank Minna (Bruce Willis). Armed only with a few clues and the engine of his obsessive mind, Lionel unravels closely-guarded secrets that hold the fate of the whole city in the balance. In a mystery that carries him from gin-soaked jazz clubs in Harlem to the hard-edged slums of Brooklyn and, finally, into the gilded halls of New York’s power brokers, Lionel contends with thugs, corruption and the most dangerous man in the city to honor his friend and save the woman who might be his own salvation.

Continue Reading

Movie News

Paul Dano in talks to play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ as Jonah Hill passes on the role

Published

on

Paul Dano
JOHN SCIULLI/GETTY IMAGES

Paul Dano is headed to Gotham City as the actor is in talks to play the classic comic book villain the Riddler in Matt Reeves’ upcoming The Batman, Silver Screen Beat has learned.

Dano joins a star-studded cast that already includes the likes of Robert Pattinson as the titular Caped Crusader, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, and Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon. Reeves is expected to round out the rest of the cast before the year’s end in anticipation of an early 2020 production start.

The news of Dano’s casting comes less than a day after reports surfaced about Jonah Hill turning down the role after he and his team failed to reach an agreement with Warner Bros. after spending weeks at the negotiating table.

Sources tell Silver Screen Beat that Hill’s camp was trying to broker a $10 million deal for the actor, which is more than half of what Pattinson — the star of the film — is reportedly making.

Reeves, who first boarded The Batman in early 2017 following the unsurprising departure of Ben Affleck, is directing the film from a script he wrote, in addition to producing along with his Planet of the Apes collaborator Dylan Clark.

The Batman is scheduled to be released June 25, 2021.

Continue Reading

Movie News

Oscars: Disney not submitting ‘The Lion King’ for consideration in Animated Feature Film

Published

on

The Lion King Oscars
DISNEY

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences released Wednesday a list of the 32 features that have been submitted for consideration in the Animated Feature Film category for the upcoming 92nd Academy Awards.

Among the many titles that appear on the list are Pixar’s Toy Story 4, Walt Disney Animation’s Frozen II, Blue Sky Studios’ Spies in Disguise, Illumination’s The Secret Life of Pets 2, Laika’s Missing Link, and Warner Animation’s The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part.

Notably absent from the list, however, is Disney’s photorealistic CGI remake of The Lion King, which — despite being billed by the studio as “live-action” in its marketing — was the textbook definition of an animated film and certainly would’ve qualified in the Animated Feature category had Disney submitted it.

The nominations for the 92nd Oscars will be announced Monday, January 13, while the ceremony itself will be held Sunday, February 9.

The complete list of submitted animated features are:

“Abominable”
“The Addams Family”
“The Angry Birds Movie 2”
“Another Day of Life”
“Away”
“Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles”
“Children of the Sea”
“Dilili in Paris”
“Frozen II”
“Funan”
“Genndy Tartakovsky’s ‘Primal’ – Tales of Savagery”
“How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World”
“I Lost My Body”
“Klaus”
“The Last Fiction”
“The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part”
“Marona’s Fantastic Tale”
“Missing Link”
“Ne Zha”
“Okko’s Inn”
“Pachamama”
“Promare”
“Rezo”
“The Secret Life of Pets 2”
“Spies in Disguise”
“The Swallows of Kabul”
“This Magnificent Cake!”
“The Tower”
“Toy Story 4”
“Upin & Ipin: The Lone Gibbon Kris”
“Weathering with You”
“White Snake”

Continue Reading