Marvel has begun to tease the first behind the scenes footage of Avengers: Infinity War as the upcoming superhero film has commenced production in Atlanta where filming will last for a year, according to Robert Downey Jr. who makes an appearance in a newly released video from the studio along with Chris Pratt and Tom Holland. While most shoots don’t take nearly as long as 12 months, it was announced last year that production on both Infinity War and the untitled Avengers 4 are expected to take place back to back, perhaps in order to accommodate the busy schedules of much of the talent involved.
In the video, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige remarks how the film will make the entire cinematic universe come together to make one epic journey of an adventure. “Avengers: Infinity War is the culmination of the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe as started in May of 2008 with the release of Iron Man 1, and it really is an unprecedented culmination of a series of films interlinked together, which at the time had never been done before,” he said. “And for us the important thing is making it all come together. We know they’re gonna face Thanos; we’ve been setting that up since Avengers 1. How do you do that in a way that is unexpected, that pits the Avengers against somebody who is more powerful than anyone they’ve faced, and yet make them completely unprepared to face them? Well, tear them apart, which is why we did Civil War before Infinity War. …Thanos shows us why he’s the biggest, the best, the baddest villain that we’ve ever had, and the most frightening villain that the Avengers have ever faced.”
“I remember actually going to see the first Avengers with one of my best mates from home,” Holland says in the video. “I never would’ve dreamed that I’d ever be in one of these movies, let alone playing Spider-Man. I feel like I’m on top of the world because this is just mind blowing.” Spider-Man’s involvement in Infinity War has been the center of much speculation for the past couple of months with many unsure as to whether or not the web-slinging superhero will appear in the upcoming film. We’re beyond thrilled to finally see that he is.
In July, it was revealed that Disney would be releasing Infinity War as just one film on its scheduled release date of May 4, 2018, rather than the originally planned two parts. That same month, Disney updated the name of what was expected to be Avengers: Infinity War Part II to Untitled Avengers Project while retaining its scheduled May 3, 2019, release date. Captain America: Civil War helmers Joe and Anthony Russo will direct the upcoming superhero sequel from a screenplay penned by Christopher Marcus and Stephen McFeely.
Be sure to check out the in-depth behind the scenes featurette above and let us know your thoughts on the clip by leaving a comment below this article.
With their case diminishing, prosecutors drop sexual assault charges against Kevin Spacey
With their case against Kevin Spacey diminishing, Nantucket prosecutors asked Wednesday for charges to be dropped against the actor, who had been facing a felony charge for the alleged sexual assault of the teenage son of a former Boston TV news anchor in 2016.
In a document filed in the Nantucket District Court, Cape & Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe said he was filing a “nolle prosequi,” which, in a criminal case, is an admission that the charges against the defendant cannot be proven. O’Keefe cited the “unavailability of the complaining witness” as his reason for the dismissal of the case.
O’Keefe’s decision to drop the charges against Spacey is not a particularly surprising one. During an evidentiary hearing last week, Spacey’s accuser refused to testify about what happened to a missing cellphone containing text messages — and possibly video — the night the alleged assault took place.
When asked if he knew that he could be charged with a felony should an investigation find that he had tampered with or destroyed evidence on the phone, Spacey’s accuser invoked the Fifth Amendment and was unwilling to continue his testimony, according to The New York Times.
The accuser’s lawyer, Mitchell Garabedian, said in a statement that the accuser and his family “have shown an enormous amount of courage under difficult circumstances,” and added that he will not be commenting on the case any further at this time.
Spacey’s lawyer, Alan Jackson, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
In December, just moments before the news of the felony charge against Spacey broke, the actor posted to YouTube a bizarre video in which he appears as his character Frank Underwood from the Netflix series House of Cards and says he is “certainly not going to pay the price for the thing I didn’t do.”
Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu lead a band of grifting strippers in the ‘Hustlers’ trailer
STX Films has released the first trailer for Hustlers, the upcoming stripper comedy featuring an all-star cast that includes the likes of Constance Wu, Jennifer Lopez, Julia Stiles, Keke Palmer, Lili Reinhart, Mercedes Ruehl, and Cardi B.
Written and directed by Lorene Scafaria, the film follows a group of savvy former strip club employees who come together to turn the tables on their unsuspecting, money-grubbing Wall Street clients.
“These Wall Street guys — you see what they did to this country? They stole from everybody,” Lopez’s character says. “Hard-working people lost everything and not one of these douchebags go to jail. The game is rigged and it does not reward people who play by the rules. It’s like robbing a bank; except you get the keys.”
Scafaria based Hustlers on Jessica Pressler’s 2015 New York Magazine article titled “Hustlers at Scores,” which tells the real-life story of a band of New York City strippers scamming their wealthy clients out of thousands of dollars before eventually being caught by authorities.
In addition to starring in the film, Lopez also serves as a producer on Hustlers alongside Elaine Goldsmith Thomas, Jessica Elbaum, Benny Medina, Will Ferrell, and Adam McKay. The film is a co-production between STX and Annapurna.
Hustlers will open in theaters on September 13.
Taika Waititi signs on to direct ‘Thor 4’ as the live-action ‘Akira’ movie gets delayed indefinitely
In a move that will force him to put the highly anticipated live-action adaptation of Akira on the backburner indefinitely, Taika Waititi has officially closed a deal to direct Thor 4 for Marvel Studios, sources tell Silver Screen Beat.
The development is a rather surprising one considering Akira — which has been in development at Warner Bros. ever since the studio acquired the rights to the popular Japanese manga in 2002 — was as close as it ever was to getting made.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, pre-production on Akira had been moving along smoothly — despite some concerns with the script that were later resolved — and Waititi had been meeting with and testing young Japanese actors for roles in the film as part of a worldwide search for talent.
But now that the project has experienced yet another major setback, execs can only hope that Waititi will pick up where he left off once he completes Thor 4, which will once again see Chris Hemsworth reprise his role as the titular God of Thunder.
Waititi is currently prepping to hop on the fall festival circuit with his World War II-era satire Jojo Rabbit, which he wrote, directed, and stars in alongside Scarlett Johansson, Roman Griffin Davis, Thomasin McKenzie, Rebel Wilson, and Sam Rockwell. Fox Searchlight will release the film on October 18.