Aziz Ansari issues statement responding to sexual misconduct allegation
Connect with us

Television

‘Master of None’ star Aziz Ansari issues statement responding to sexual misconduct allegation

Published

on

Aziz Ansari Golden Globes
GREG DOHERTY/GETTY IMAGES

Master of None star Aziz Ansari has responded to the claims of sexual misconduct made against him by a 23-year-old Brooklyn-based photographer that took place last September at the actor’s New York City apartment.

According to a report published by Babe, the woman, given the pseudonym “Grace,” alleged that, despite giving Ansari several verbal and non-verbal cues that she wasn’t interested in sex, the actor repeatedly kissed her, performed oral sex on her, pushed her hand towards his penis, and placed his fingers in her mouth.

However, in a statement issued Sunday night, Ansari denied any wrongdoing and said that the encounter “was completely consensual.” You can read the full statement below.

Advertisement

“In September of last year, I met a woman at a party. We exchanged numbers. We texted back and forth and eventually went on a date. We went out to dinner, and afterwards we ended up engaging in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual.

The next day, I got a text from her saying that although ‘it may have seemed okay,’ upon further reflection, she felt uncomfortable. It was true that everything did seem okay to me, so when I heard that it was not the case for her, I was surprised and concerned. I took her words to heart and responded privately after taking the time to process what she had said. 

I continue to support the movement that is happening in our culture. It is necessary and long overdue.”

Advertisement
Comments

Television

‘Star Wars’ animated series ‘The Clone Wars’ to return via Disney’s upcoming streaming service

Published

on

The Clone Wars
LUCASFILM LTD.

During a San Diego Comic-Con panel celebrating the 10th anniversary of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which ran for five seasons on Cartoon Network, Lucasfilm animation chief Dave Filoni announced that the beloved animated series will be returning for a seventh season.

“It’s an anniversary. It’s 10 years. And you guys deserve something for being so great. A present, if you will,” Filoni told the crowd, who gave a standing ovation after the big reveal. “We got together and we thought, ‘If there is one thing we could give you, what would it be?’ So here you go.”

The Clone Wars will return with 12 all-new episodes on Disney’s upcoming streaming service, which we know will also feature several Star Wars series, according to Disney CEO Bob Iger, including a live-action series from writer and executive producer Jon Favreau.

Created by George Lucas, The Clone Wars first aired in 2008 and featured existing characters such as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padmé Amidala, while also introducing original fan-favorites like Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex. The series abruptly came to a halt in 2013.

Advertisement

Although Filoni did not announce an official release date for the show’s seventh season, it will likely debut sometime in 2019, which is when Disney’s streaming service is expected to launch. You can check out the newly released trailer and poster for Star Wars: The Clone Wars below.

Continue Reading

Television

2018 Emmy nominations announced: ‘Game of Thrones’ and Netflix top this year’s nominees

Published

on

Game of Thrones Emmy
HBO

The nominations for the 70th annual Emmy Awards were announced by The Handmaid’s Tale actress Samira Wiley and The Blacklist alum Ryan Eggold on Thursday morning with HBO’s Game of Thrones unsurprisingly leading the way with a whopping 22 nominations.

However, while HBO has been the most nominated television network at the Emmys each and every year for the past 17 years, streaming giant Netflix stole the honor this year with 112 total nominations, beating HBO’s 108 total nominations.

Trailing close behind Thrones are NBC’s Saturday Night Live and HBO’s Westworld with 21 nominations, while Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale came in with 20 nominations. The latter two join Thrones in the Outstanding Drama Series category, which also includes Stranger Things, This Is Us, The Crown, and The Americans.

You can check out the complete list of 2018 Emmy nominees below.

Advertisement

Outstanding Drama Series
Game of Thrones
The Handmaid’s Tale
This Is Us
Westworld
The Americans
The Crown
Stranger Things

Outstanding Comedy
Atlanta
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Black-ish
Silicon Valley
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Glow
Barry
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Outstanding Comedy Actress
Tracee Ellis Ross (Black-ish)
Rachel Brosnahan  (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel)
Allison Janney (Mom)
Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie)
Pamela Adlon (Better Things)
Issa Rae (Insecure)

Outstanding Comedy Actor
Donald Glover (Atlanta)
Bill Hader (Barry)
Anthony Anderson (Black-ish)
Ted Danson (The Good Place)
William H. Macy (Shameless)
Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm)

Outstanding Drama Actress
Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale)
Keri Russell (The Americans)
Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld)
Sandra Oh (Killing Eve)
Claire Foy (The Crown)
Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black)

Outstanding Drama Actor
Sterling K. Brown (This is Us)
Justin Bateman (Ozark)
Ed Harris (Westworld)
Matthew Rhys (The Americans)
Jeffrey Wright (Westworld)
Milo Ventimiglia (This is Us)

Best Reality Program
Project Runway
RuPaul’s Drag Race
The Amazing Race
Top Chef
The Voice
American Ninja Warrior

Outstanding Actor, Limited Series
Antonio Banderas (Genius: Picasso)
Darren Criss (Assassination of Gianni Versace)
Benedict Cumberbatch (Patrick Melrose)
Jeff Daniels (The Looming Tower)
John Legend (Jesus Christ Superstar)
Jesse Plemons (Black Mirror)

Outstanding Actress, Limited Series
Jessica Biel (The Sinner)
Laura Dern (The Tale)
Michelle Dockery (Godless)
Edie Falco (The Menendez Murders)
Regina King (Seven Seconds)
Sarah Paulson (American Horror Story: Cult)

Continue Reading

Television

Colbert, Fallon, O’Brien respond to criticism from Donald Trump in hilarious cold open sketch

Published

on

After Donald Trump took a jab at them at a South Carolina rally on Monday, three of late night television’s biggest hosts teamed up for a cold open sketch like no other that kicked off both The Late Show and The Tonight Show on Tuesday evening.

Stephen Colbert,  Jimmy Fallon, and Conan O’Brien united for the unique response to the president’s criticism, in which he referred to Colbert as a “lowlife,” Fallon as a “lost soul,” and Jimmy Kimmel as “terrible,” while adding that they are “not like talented people.”

Advertisement

We’re told Kimmel was invited to appear on the sketch, which features the late night hosts in a mock Skype conference call, but is on vacation this week and was unable to participate. O’Brien’s show likely would’ve aired the sketch as well, but is on hiatus for the entire week.

“I heard he said some pretty bad stuff about us,” Fallon says in the sketch. “I heard he said we’re all no-talent, lowlife lost souls.”

“That doesn’t sound like him,” Colbert replied. “That’s not right. That’s Conan.” Colbert then conferences O’Brien onto the call, who is in the middle of shaving his face and is facetiously unaware that Donald Trump, “the real estate guy who sells steaks,” is the president of the United States.

The sketch ends after Fallon and Colbert agree to go out to lunch at the Red Hen, the Lexington, Virginia restaurant which made headlines last week after they asked White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave. “Red Hen?” Fallon suggests. “Red Hen!” Colbert responds enthusiastically.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement