Warner Bros. Pictures announces sequel to 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' - Silver Screen Beat
Connect with us

Movie News

Warner Bros. Pictures announces sequel to ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’

Published

on

Even though Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is yet to be released, Warner Bros. Pictures has officially announced that a sequel to the film is currently in the works. David Yates will return to helm the film’s sequel written by JK Rowling. The second film will delve deeper into an increasingly dark time for the wizarding world, where Newt, played by Redmayne, and the other heroes, will have to decide on their allegiances. It is currently scheduled for a release on November 16, 2018.

“We’ve seen the script for Part 2, for the second movie, which takes the story in a whole new direction – as you should, you don’t want to repeat yourself,” Yates said to EW. “The second movie introduces new characters as she builds this part of the Harry Potter universe further. It’s a very interesting development from where we start out. The work is pouring out of her.”

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, set for release on November 18, 2016, is directed by Yates from a screenplay written by Rowling. Starring is Academy Award winner Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterson, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, Samantha Morton, Jon Voight, Ron Perlman, Carmen Ejogo and more.

The official synopsis for the film reads:

“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them opens in 1926 as Newt Scamander has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident…were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt’s fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.”

Advertisement
Comments

Movie News

Amid misconduct allegations, Jason Mitchell’s career has pretty much gone down the toilet

Published

on

Jason Mitchell
GETTY IMAGES

Jason Mitchell was once considered a rising star in the world of Hollywood after garnering plenty of attention and praise for his portrayal of the late rapper Eazy-E in 2015’s Straight Outta Compton. Unfortunately for Mitchell, though, he seems to have pretty much nuked his own career.

According to Deadline, just about every person, company, or project that was involved with Mitchell at one point or another has suddenly distanced themselves from the actor in recent weeks due to “allegations of inappropriate behavior being leveled against him.”

While Deadline says that the details about those allegations are “sketchy,” THR reports that Tiffany Boone, who played Mitchell’s girlfriend on the Showtime series The Chi, says the actor sexually harassed her on multiple different occasions, making her feel unsafe on set.

In fact, Boone began feeling so unsafe on the set of The Chi that she would often have her fiance, Dear White People actor Marque Richardson, come to set with her on days when she had to shoot scenes with Mitchell. And, get this: Boone was only one of several actresses on The Chi who had made complaints against Mitchell.

Since these allegations came to light, Mitchell has been dropped by not only his talent agent, United Talent Agency, but also his management company and his role from The Chi, as well as a role in the upcoming Netflix comedy film Desperados.

Desperados had not even begun shooting yet at the time that Mitchell was fired, but THR says that Mitchell’s co-stars on the film had already begun expressing their concerns and complaints about working with him. So, yeah, that dude must’ve been pretty damn shitty for that to be the case.

Continue Reading

Movie News

Leonardo DiCaprio torches a bunch of Nazis in the new ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ trailer

Published

on

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
SONY PICTURES

Stop whatever it is that you’re doing, scroll to the bottom of this post, and watch the new trailer for Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood right fuckin’ now. And then watch it again immediately after. And maybe one more time after that.

There’s so much to unpack here, but let me begin by saying this new Once Upon a Time in Hollywood trailer makes the movie look like an absolute blast and I am beyond jealous of all of the lucky bastards who get to see it two whole months (!) early at Cannes today. I envy every single one of them.

Between seeing Al Pacino in a movie for the first time in god knows how long, Leonardo DiCaprio’s Rick Dalton lighting up a bunch of Nazis with a flamethrower, Margot Robbie playing Sharon Tate, and Brad Pitt just being charming as hell, I am officially 100% in on this movie if I wasn’t already.

Critics are currently getting Once Upon a Time in Hollywood projected into their eyeholes at Cannes as we speak, so we should be getting the first reviews for the film within the next couple of hours, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for those.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood will hit theaters on July 26. Now go watch that new trailer again.

Continue Reading

Movie News

Mark your calendars, because ‘John Wick: Chapter 4’ now has a May 21, 2021 release date

Published

on

John Wick: Chapter 4 release date
LIONSGATE

I am pleased to inform you that Lionsgate announced via text message(?) today that John Wick: Chapter 4 has been given an official May 21, 2021 release date, so start clearing your schedules and marking your calendars accordingly, folks.

“You have served. You will be of service. John Wick: Chapter 4 is coming – May 21, 2021,” the text message reads, and it’s damn right. I have served. And I will be of service. I will literally do anything to get another John Wick movie in front of my eyeholes.

The release date is literally all we know about John Wick: Chapter 4 at this point, but it’s safe to assume that the film will likely find Keanu Reeves’ titular hitman up to his usual bad guy-fighting shenanigans, killing dudes with everyday objects like books and riding around on motorcycles and shit. Y’know, all the familiar hitman stuff.

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, which is arguably the best installment in the series to date, hit theaters last Friday and had no trouble putting an end to Avengers: Endgame‘s weeks-long box office reign, picking up $56 million at the domestic box office and another $36 million overseas, bringing its worldwide total so far to $93 million.

I’m going into hibernation now. See you all in two years and one day.

Continue Reading