Connect with us

Television

Netflix confirms Robin Wright will lead the shortened sixth and final season of ‘House of Cards’

Published

on

House of Cards

House of Cards is moving forward with production on its sixth and final season without star Kevin Spacey, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The news comes more than a month after Star Trek: Discovery actor Anthony Rapp alleged that Spacey sexually assaulted him in 1986 when Spacey was 26 and Rapp was 14.

“We are excited to bring closure to fans,” Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos said during a conference on Monday morning. The final season of House of Cards will consist of eight episodes and, instead of Spacey, whose Frank Underwood character will have to be written out of the show, will be led by Robin Wright.

Advertisement

As Netflix also scraps plans for a Gore Vidal biopic starring Spacey as the famed writer, 20th Century Fox is knee-deep in reshoots on Ridley Scott’s much-talked-about All the Money in the World to remove and replace Spacey with Christopher Plummer in the role of J. Paul Getty. The studio debuted a new trailer for the upcoming film, which is expected to open on December 22, last week.

Spacey, who was also removed from CBS’ Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special, is reportedly receiving treatment for sex addiction at a rehab center in Arizona.

Advertisement
Comments

Television

Michael Wolff’s controversial Trump White House tell-all ‘Fire and Fury’ is being adapted into a TV series

Published

on

Donald Trump Fire and Fury
MARK WILSON/GETTY IMAGES

Michael Wolff’s sensational new book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House is coming to a television screen near you as Endeavor Content has purchased film and television rights to the controversial tell-all, which has been a No. 1 best-seller since it was released on January 5.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, a network is not yet attached to the project, though Endeavor, who reportedly scooped up the rights to the book for somewhere in the seven-figure range, is currently searching for a home for the adaptation. Wolff will serve as an executive producer along with BBC executive Michael Jackson.

Advertisement

There’s a lot to unpack in this story, but, honestly, I’m just curious to know who’s going to be cast as who in this series and what the Trump administration’s reaction to all of this news is going to be. I mean, we saw them lose their shit over the book itself—imagine how they’re going to react to a fucking TV series.

How do you feel about Fire and Fury making the jump to the small screen? Any idea as to who should be cast in the series? Let us know your thoughts by sounding off in the comments section below. Also, please feel free to enjoy this live look at the Trump White House.

Continue Reading

Television

‘Master of None’ star Aziz Ansari issues statement responding to sexual misconduct allegation

Published

on

Aziz Ansari Golden Globes
GREG DOHERTY/GETTY IMAGES

Master of None star Aziz Ansari has responded to the claims of sexual misconduct made against him by a 23-year-old Brooklyn-based photographer that took place last September at the actor’s New York City apartment.

According to a report published by Babe, the woman, given the pseudonym “Grace,” alleged that, despite giving Ansari several verbal and non-verbal cues that she wasn’t interested in sex, the actor repeatedly kissed her, performed oral sex on her, pushed her hand towards his penis, and placed his fingers in her mouth.

However, in a statement issued Sunday night, Ansari denied any wrongdoing and said that the encounter “was completely consensual.” You can read the full statement below.

Advertisement

“In September of last year, I met a woman at a party. We exchanged numbers. We texted back and forth and eventually went on a date. We went out to dinner, and afterwards we ended up engaging in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual.

The next day, I got a text from her saying that although ‘it may have seemed okay,’ upon further reflection, she felt uncomfortable. It was true that everything did seem okay to me, so when I heard that it was not the case for her, I was surprised and concerned. I took her words to heart and responded privately after taking the time to process what she had said. 

I continue to support the movement that is happening in our culture. It is necessary and long overdue.”

Continue Reading

Television

HBO releases ‘Silicon Valley’ season 5 teaser trailer, announces the series will return again in March

Published

on

After ending season four on somewhat of a cliffhanger, HBO announced this morning that the Emmy-winning comedy series Silicon Valley will return to the network for its long-awaited fifth season on Sunday, March 25. You can check out a newly released teaser trailer for the new season in the embedded player above.

Advertisement

“It’s pretty different. If you think about T.J. [Miller]’s character represented in the show narratively, you can sort of guess the immediate ramifications of a character that big disappearing are quite big – so the show is really very different,” star Kumail Nanjiani told Metro about the forthcoming season, which was executive produced by series creators Mike Judge and Alec Berg.

The fifth season will, of course, also see the return of Thomas Middleditch, Zach Woods, Martin Starr, Josh Brener, Amanda Crew, Matt Ross, Suzanne Cryer, and Jimmy O. Yang as Jian Yang, who decides to claim ownership of Ehrlich’s incubator and evict the entire Pied Piper crew, as seen in the teaser trailer. Things can definitely only get worse from there.

Silicon Valley airs 10:00-10:30 p.m. ET/PT on HBO beginning March 25.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement