Prince Harry stated that Meghan was misogynistic, and that he had been manipulated by a troll. The BBC seems to have heard him.
After Prince Harry claimed it was’misogynistic,’ the BBC’s second royal documentary will not use the term “Megxit”.
The second episode of The Princes and the Press will air tomorrow night and focus on Harry and Meghan’s decision not to continue their royal life. This is a rare title.
According to the Sunday Telegraph, the move may be considered an olive branch following the airing of the show. Staff from Prince Harry’s and Prince William’s households were allegedly briefed against one another, and royal feathers were ruffled.
Harry said: “Maybe people know this and maybe they don’t, but the term Megxit was or is a misogynistic term, and it was created by a troll, amplified by royal correspondents, and it grew and grew and grew into mainstream media. But it began with a troll.”
Tomorrow’s episode will focus on the “circumstances around the decision of the Sussexes to step down from their senior royal roles”.
It is expected to make claims about a lack in support for Harry and Meghan, and that a senior household member helped a tabloid in its court case against them.
Harry and Meghan moved to California in spring 2020 to be more independent. They decided to give up their royal duties and live as individuals. Since then, they have signed a lucrative deal with Spotify. Meghan also wrote a book for children that received mixed reviews.
Harry said that their departure was partly due to Meghan’s racist treatment. Meghan is the daughter of a black mother and an estranged father who is white. Oprah Winfrey has since interviewed the couple extensively to explain their decision.
They live together in Los Angeles with their son Archie, and their daughter Lilibet.
The Palace has retracted the documentary. “overblown and unfounded”It is feared that it will cause irreparable damage to the relationship between BBC & Royal Family.
Jenny Afia, the Duchess of Sussex’s lawyer, will appear again in the second episode, which covers 2018 to 2021 as will other royal commentators and those close to the couple.
A rare joint statement by Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Kensington Palace said: “A free, responsible and open press is of vital importance to a healthy democracy.
“However, too often it is overblown and unfounded claims from unnamed sources that are presented as facts and it is disappointing when anyone, including the BBC, gives them credibility.”