Child, 9, Uses Unconscious Dad’s Face to Unlock iPhone and Call 911 for Help as Carbon Monoxide Filled Home

0
118

A 9-year old girl has been hailed as a hero for her quick thinking and determination in dire circumstances. She used her dad’s face to unlock his iPhone and call 911 as carbon monoxide filled their home, Boston 25 News reported.

Jayline Barbosa Brandão of Brockton, Mass., was in her bedroom on October 28 when she heard her father yelling and ran to help, only to find her parents had lost consciousness due to a carbon monoxide leak from a generator they had borrowed after a nor’easter had plowed through the area recently, News Channel 3 reported.

“I heard my dad screaming and say my mom passed out,”Jayline told Boston 25.

The fourth grader then grabbed her dad’s iPhone but the device was locked. He was unconscious from the odorless, toxic gas and she quickly thought of what to do.

“So, I unlocked it by using my dad’s face,”She told the news outlet.

Her parents were in danger of being killed by the toxic gas. She saved them.

“I thought it was just a headache, then 2-3 minutes I didn’t feel anything after that,”Marcelina, Marcelina’s mother, spoke to Boston 25.

After 911 was called, help arrived quickly and the young girl led her family out for fresh air, and to get away with the gas. WCCF Tech reported.

Her parents received medical attention, and her mother actually woke from the hospital.

“I wouldn’t be here if she wasn’t in the house,”Boston 25 was the story her mother shared with her.

In 2020, home improvement expert Steve Siera told Inside Edition that the greatest danger comes from running a generator inside your garage, because of dangerous fumes from the exhaust.

“Running a generator is actually like running 450 cars,” Siara said.

That’s why it’s important to keep generators at least 20 feet away from your house, so that deadly carbon monoxide doesn’t fill it.

The exhaust should be directed away from the house. One extension cord should be used for any major appliance.