Guests shocked to find $350 per night hotel room completely covered in mold

0
41

What was supposed to be an unforgettable girls’ trip turned into a nightmare when three best friends walked into their hotel room to find it was covered in mold.

The women paid $350 per person for a room in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. 

“We were looking forward to every bit of it. We’d never been away together,”Kelly Bruce spoke.

When they opened the door, there was mold everywhere — the floor, bed, walls and furniture. 

“I was traumatized by what I saw,”Lashanda Terry spoke.

The video was uploaded on TikTok where it has been seen over 7.2 Million times. 

The reason the friends were so shocked was that they had gone online to search the Sea Mist Oceanfront prior to booking.

They complained and said they were not prepared for the response from the front desk.

“I asked if she wanted to see the video and she was like ‘No, I believe you,'” Bruce said.

In a statement to Inside Edition, the resort said, “Due to a human error made by the management company, a guest was assigned to a unit that was…in the process of renovations. It was not meant to host guests. We extended our sincerest apology to the guest and provided an upgrade to a newly renovated Jacuzzi suite.”

The women shared video of their upgraded suite —  no mold in sight!

According to the hotel, mold can be a problem at any resort that is located in humid climates.