Former Little Mix Jesy Nelson has been dropping some major hints about her new music after taking a break following the release of her divisive debut single Boyz
Jesy Nelson has insisted that her new music will be “worth the wait” after the blackfishing row that came to a head back in the autumn of 2021.
On Sunday, the former Little Mix star, 30, shared a photo on Instagram where she could be seen working hard in a recording studio.
Posting a snap of herself sitting in a darkened room, Jesy penned a caption which sure got her followers excited about the prospect of new music – the first hint since her Boyz debut which sparked a blackfishing row.
She penned: “La la land -Late nights, lost voice, beautiful people, incredible sessions. I’ve never needed this trip more in my life!
“I’m beyond excited for you guys to hear this next part of my journey, this record is my whole heart and I know you guys have been so patient, but I want you to know that it will be worth the wait and I just love you guys so bloody much.”
Fans were incredibly excited over the news that new music was due to come soon, with many flooding the comments section with messages filled with excitement.
One said: “When ever your ready Jesy we’ll be there.”
Another penned: “Take all the time you need, we will be here for you always, waiting to hear your beautiful voice.”
While a third: “So proud of you we can’t wait to hear what you’ve been working on.”
Last month the former Little Mix star flew out to Los Angeles to work on new music, and has been keeping fans updated with her adventures.
She snapped a photo with songwriter Tayla Parx, who was behind Little Mix’s hit song Sweet Melody, and Ariana Grande’s Thank U Next and 7 Rings smash hits.
The source then explained that it’s been a tough few months for the star, adding that it “finally feels like things have turned a corner.”
Do you enjoy reading about celebrities? Sign up for all the best celeb news from the Mirror here .
With new music set to be released soon, Jesy’s fans have been waiting on tenterhooks since her debut single Boyz came out.
Boyz, which features American rapper Nicki Minaj, was a hot topic and caused Jesy to get accused of blackfishing.
Speaking to Vulture in the wake of the backlash, she explained: “I’m very aware that I’m a white British woman; I’ve never said that I wasn’t.”
Jesy also spoke out in an Instagram live video, where she said: “I personally want to say that my intention was never, ever to offend people of colour with this video and my song because like I said, growing up as a young girl, this is the music that I listened to.
She continued: “My intention was never, ever, ever want to offend anyone and genuinely it actually does really hurt me that I may have offended people and actually, like, hurt people’s feelings just by genuinely celebrating something that I love.”
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at email@example.com or call us direct 0207 29 33033.