Jesy Nelson retorts at the rumour that her solo album was scrapped

0
205

Former Little Mix star Jesy Nelson sparked controversy last year when she unleashed her first ever solo single with the track Boyz – to the chorus of accusations she was guilty of appropriating black culture in her accompanying music video

Video Loading

Video unavailable

Jesy Nelson weeps as she spends time in the recording studio

Jesy Nelson slammed reports that her solo album had been scrapped by record label bosses, assuring fans she has not. “nothing to worry about”.

Although she has been a Little Mix singer for many months, the rumours that her debut album was cancelled due to poor music bosses have recently gotten her stuck.

The 30-year-old singer sparked controversy last year when she unleashed her first ever solo single with the track Boyz – to the chorus of She was accused of taking black culture into her own.In her accompanying music video.

However, the singer has responded to claims that her album has been deleted. Jesy addressed her fans via an Instagram Story. She wrote on a dramatic background of black with white italic font to clear up any rumours.

“Don’t usually comment on stuff like this because I can’t be bothered to waste my energy on total and utter nonsense so I’m going to address this once and once only as I know you guys are freaking out,”She wrote the following with a laughing expression emoji

The star continued to clarify: “I promise you there is absolutely nothing to worry about. I’ve had an amazing time in the studio in LA working on my album which is almost finished.

“I’m so excited for you all to hear the next single which is coming soon. So, stay tuned. “

She signed off: “I love you all and thank you for being so patient x.”

An insider in music previously shared the following: Silver Screen Beat on Sunday After Boyz’s release last year, she allowed the label to hear the early versions of the songs that she had written.

They said they wanted her back “to go back to the drawing board”.

However, an insider claimed that things were actually moving in the opposite direction to what was being reported. “at normal speed and without any hiccups .”

Source added: “everyone is very excited by the new music. It’s going to be very special indeed.”

And the Mirror has since been told by Jesy’s camp that the “captivating”Album is on track and ready for release.

Her spokesperson dismissed claims that record label bosses had failed to be impressed with Jesy’s demos.

A spokesperson said: “In recent months, Jesy has been in the studio recording in Los Angeles developing her body of work with a whole series of tracks. And fans can rest assured they can expect to hear new music from Jesy very soon.”

A source added: “The new music is captivating…it’s going to raise the bar, and some.”