Miranda Lambert marked the occasion of Miranda Lambert’s album’s release PalominoRelease of’s album with a packed Franklin concert in Tennessee that was the perfect example why her fans love and adore her. Lambert was eagerly awaiting the reactions. PalominoAlthough it was her second U.S. concert in 2022, it was also her next solo tour. Lambert acknowledged that she was nervous about the concert. However, she was confident by the end and had established herself as one the most prominent acts in country music.
Lambert had to deal with a diverse crowd. Many people were likely trying to get out of the coronavirus pandemic and making it their first concert since then. Additionally, Lambert was performing at FirstBank amphitheater, which is a relatively new venue, and frustrated many attendees because of its age. Traffic flow that is not well plannedin the venue. (Lambert herself acknowledged). “the b— of a traffic”On the way in, concertgoers had to deal. Because it was an album-release show, she could easily have performed a lot of songs from the new record. This would have been great, but not thrilling for the thousands of fans who had never heard them. Lambert managed to get through this hurdle and delivered a hit-heavy set, with some new singles and a few surprises.
The Thursday night set featured the hits of the 38-year old singer-songwriter, as well as staples such as “White Liar,” “Kerosene” “Famous in a Small Town”The video, which was actually shot in Franklin, received huge reactions. But it was quite surprising to see some of her ballads get a lot of captive singing. “Vice,” “The House That Built Me”The PalominoSingle “If I Was a Cowboy”Highlights in this regard were Lambert’s vocals. Lambert’s vocals are amazing live. Her voice has a unique quality that is sometimes lost in recordings, but it is the Miranda Lambert you want to hear live.
There wouldn’t be any country show in Nashville without some surprise guest. Lambert offered one for the Franklin show, held about 30 miles south from Nashville. Her Pistol Annies bandmate Ashley Monroe — who recently revealed she was cancer-free — came out to sing “Heart Like Mine,”The 2009 song Travis Howard and the pair co-wrote. It was a beautiful duet that put another Pistol Annies album on the writer’s wishlist. However, its follow-up was also a delight. Lambert said that Jaren Johnston, opening act The Cadillac Three, joined Monroe and Monroe for Little Feat’s 1971 song. “Willin’.”Although it was messy, the art of collaboration is what made country music so great.
The MuttNation Foundation founder is an amazing artist to see live. Miranda Lambert has outstanding vocals and an amazing setlist. What more could you ask for? Continue reading to view the complete concert setlist and her schedule of upcoming shows (including her Las Vegas residency), plus some thoughts that didn’t quite fit in the main review.
Miranda Lambert Concert Setlist — April 29, FirstBank Amphitheater in Franklin, Tennessee
- “Actin’ Up”
- “Fastest Girl in Town”
- “Settling Down”
- “Famous in a Small Town”
- “If I Was a Cowboy”
- “Only Prettier”
- “Tin Man”
- “The House That Built Me”
- “Heart Like Mine”(with Ashley Monroe
- “Willin'”(with Ashley Monroe & Jaren Johnston).
- “Tequila Does”
- “That’s the Way That the World Goes ‘Round”
- “Gunpowder & Lead”
- “Mama’s Broken Heart”
- “White Liar”
- “Little Red Wagon”
- “Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home)”
Miranda Lambert Tour Dates
April 29 — William Green Football Stadium | Johnson City, Tennessee (with The Cadillac Three)
May 6 — Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion presented by Huntsman | Houston, Texas (with Little Big Town)
May 7 — Dos Equis Pavilion | Dallas, Texas (with Little Big Town)
May 8 — Walmart AMP | Rogers, Arkansas (with Little Big Town)
May 12 — Credit One Stadium | Charleston, South Carolina (with Little Big Town)
May 13 — MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre | Tampa, Florida (with Little Big Town)
May 14 — iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre | West Palm Beach, Florida (with Little Big Town)
May 20 — Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre | St. Louis, Missouri (with Little Big Town)
May 21 — Ruoff Music Center | Noblesville, Indiana (with Little Big Town)
May 22 — Riverbend Music Center | Cincinnati, Ohio (with Little Big Town)
June 2 — Budweiser Stage | Toronto, Ontario, Canada (with Little Big Town)
June 3 — DTE Energy Music Theatre | Detroit, Michigan (with Little Big Town)
June 4 — Blossom Music Center | Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio (with Little Big Town)
June 9 — Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater | Wantagh, New York (with Little Big Town)
June 10 — PNC Bank Arts Center | Holmdel, New Jersey (with Little Big Town)
June 11 — BB&T Pavilion | Camden, New Jersey (with Little Big Town)
June 24 — Country Jam | Grand Junction, Colorado
June 25 — NebraskaLand Days | North Platte, Nebraska
July 28 — Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys | Stateline, Nevada
July 29-31 — Oregon Jamboree | Sweet Home, Oregon
July 30 — Watershed Festival | George, Washington
Aug. 5 — WE Fest | Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Aug. 7 — Windy City Smokeout | Chicago Illinois
Miranda Lambert: Velvet Rodeo Las Vegas Residency Dates
September 2022 — 23, 24, 28, 30
October 2022 — 1, 5, 7, 8
November 2022 — 26, 27, 30
December 2022 — 3, 4, 8, 10, 11
March 2023 — 24, 25, 30
April 2023 — 1, 2, 6, 8, 9
Random Takeaways from the Concert
- Yes, I know I have mentioned traffic. But it is. It is really bad. I feel sorry for nearby homeowners who must deal with hundreds upon hundreds of cars parked in front of their homes for hours. To avoid being stuck in the mud, I left Lambert’s last song. Rush to leave. I am not sure what FirstBank Amphitheater is doing, but plan to arrive early and depart early if you are going.
- Traffic meant that I was unable to attend The Cadillac Three’s performance. I’ll listen to the man I heard in the bathroom stating that it was a great performance. “they didn’t play none of the good stuff.”This is obviously an extremely subjective opinion from someone else, but hey, he did see it and I didn’t.
- Lambert’s PalominoSingles are great and will fit right in with her show. Even if the topic is not something you’re familiar with, “Actin’ Up” “Strange,”The vibe is good.
- The LED wall visuals are another cool thing. Lambert’s fringe shirt is another.
- Lambert’s recording cover of John Prine is something I loathe. “That’s the Way the World Goes Round,”But, it isn’t bad if you can squeeze it into a upbeat section of a setlist with live performances, untethered sounds, and it’s not too bad.
- The chorus is made up of thousands of women who have sung it together. “White Liar”There were definitely some two-timing friends in the crowd who were sweating bullets.
PopCulture.com will continue to bring you more music news, interviews, and reviews.