Source says Prince William could ‘cut off BBC permanently’ following documentary fallout.

-

According to sources, a rift between the Royal Family (and the BBC) which saw Prince William ban them from showing the Christmas televised carol services this year may not heal any time soon.

The show has been taken over by rival channel ITV, and the Duchess will be hosting.

The BBC aired the BBC’s first of two parts of The Princes and the Press, which was broadcast on Monday.

After sensationally claiming that William had briefed journalists against Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, the Amol Rajan documentary seems to have caused a commotion among the royals.



The fallout has followed the first episode of The Princes and the Press on Monday
The episode’s first episode on Monday, The Princes and the Press, saw the aftermath

Now! Mail Online reportsThe Prince is now seriously considering whether future projects should be offered because of the lingering negative feelings and the refusal by the public broadcaster to apologize.

Source: “It’s fair to say that while the response to what has happened is being driven by the duke, there is complete unity among all three royal households.

“You really couldn’t get a cigarette paper between them. This is a serious matter of integrity.



BBC chairman Richard Sharp said they approached relationships with the Royals with "great care and thought"
Richard Sharp, chairman of BBC, stated that they approach relationships with the Royals with “great care and thought”

It is also believed that William’s disapproval of the Beeb grew since the disclosures earlier this year about the misconduct in Martin Bashir’s 1995 Panorama interview with Diana Princess of Wales, was made public.

An investigation revealed that he had used fake bank statements to get the interview with the princess.

The BBC has offered to apologise for using the statements but insists they were played “no part in her decision to take part in the interview”.

Richard Sharp, chairman of BBC, responded to the controversy surrounding this week’s documentary by saying that this week they approach relationships with the Royal with “great care and thought”And had “tremendous respect”for the institution, but stood beside the production team involved with the making of the show.

Sign up for our newsletter to receive the most recent news and stories from around the world from the Silver Screen Beat. Click here Here.

Share this article

Recent posts

Popular categories

Recent comments