Teen gets dog toy lodged in his body, causing him to squeak

-

A dog toy has been lodged in the system of one boy’s 13-year-old brain, causing him to squeak every time he laughs. This bizarre occurrence has made him a celebrity at his local hospital.

Jonathan spoke with Inside Edition, revealing that he was just a normal person at home when the whole thing happened.

“I got a whistle out of a dog toy so I put it between my lips trying to annoy my mom and she tried to hit me then I gasped and it went into my airways,” he said.

The dog toy is tiny and can easily be swallowed, as Jonathan’s case demonstrates. The teenager says he never felt any pain.

“The only way I knew it was there was by the sound it made,” he said.

He couldn’t cough it up, so his mother took him to the hospital, where uhe became a mini celebrity.

“All the nurses, doctors and other staff would be there and they would be like ‘hey, can you make that noise for me,’” he said.

Jonathan was lucky that the toy didn’t go further into his lungs as doctors would have had to perform surgery to remove it.

Doctors had to administer sedation to Jonathan and use a special scope for the removal of the squeaker.  

Share this article

Recent posts

Popular categories

Recent comments