The Murder of Lily Peters – Teen Suspect tried to hide the body of the child after killing and raping her: Complaint


According to a new criminal complaint, the teen accused of killing and raping Lily Peters, 10, admitted to strangling her. He also claimed he went back to the crime scene to cover her corpse as searchers attempted to find the child missing.

According to the complaint, the boy, 14, told police that he wanted to murder and rape her. They set out for Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. The court document stated that she was on her bicycle, and he was riding a hoverboard.

The pair left the trail and went into the woods after the boy asked Peters if they could “go exploring,”According to the complaint. According to the complaint, the boy claimed that he had punched the girl and hit her three times in her head with a stick. He also sex assaulted her body.

Although the suspect has not yet been identified, investigators believe that Lily knew him. Authorities said that her father reported her missing at 9 p.m. after she failed to return home from visiting her aunt’s house just a few blocks away.

Investigators are unable to determine if the victim and the boy were related.

The body of Lily was discovered the next day. Her bicycle was found on the trail close to the trees where her body was discovered later.

Over the objections of his lawyer, the judge reopened the criminal case against the teenager at a court hearing. Because of his age, the 14-year old has not been identified. 

The Chippewa County coroner earlier said preliminary autopsy results found Lily Peters suffered strangulation and blunt force trauma.

Prosecutors claimed that the autopsy was listed in the complaint “blunt force trauma”The child’s face. The complaint stated that the autopsy found bite marks on one of the girl’s left buttocks, physical evidence for rape, as well tears in the child’s genital region.

Detectives were able to determine that the suspect admitted biting Lily but did not say he had. “couldn’t remember where,”The complaint was filed.

The authorities announced that the teen has been charged in first-degree murder, second-degree sexual assault, and assault of a minor under 13 with great bodily harm. The $1 million cash bond secured the teen’s release at Eau Claire Juvenile Detention Center.

The criminal complaint stated that the boy left Lily’s house after he had attacked her. He took a shower, then washed his clothes and went to bed.

After word spread about the girl’s disappearance, the boy returned the crime scene to confront the perpetrators. “to hide her better,”She dragged her body several feet and covered it in leaves, according to the complaint.


Share this article

Recent posts

Popular categories

Recent comments