Three teenagers accused of beating man within an inch of his own life, ‘bragged about attack’


Alan Willson (46), suffered life-altering injuries when he, along with three other boys, aged 13-14 and 17 years, became involved in a row that turned violent in April 2013. A court heard.

Three teenagers are accused of beating a caregiver within an inch his life “bragged”The court heard about the alleged attack.

Alan Willson, 46 years old, sustained life-changing injuries after he and three brothers aged 13-14 and 17 got into a row that became violent in April 2013.

Alan, a care worker, was injured “catastrophic”There were injuries that included bleeding on his brain and bruising. He also suffered fractures to his skull eye sockets and jaw.

Annie, his wife, told the court today about how he had recovered “as much as he is going to”He said that he would “never speak again”.

In evidence, she cried back in pain. “He has no mental capacity, although it fluctuates.

“He’s the most frustrated person I’ve ever seen because on the days where he’s having mental capacity he knows what he wants to say, but he cannot say it.”

He was hospitalized for three and a half months after being in a coma for several weeks. “slow progress”Gemma White, the prosecutor, stated that this was in relation to his neurological rehabilitation.

She stated that it was believed in April 2013 that he would have been there. “permanent”It was thought that neurological injuries could cause fatalities.

According to reports, Mr Willson defended an 11-year old boy who was being bullied by teens at Worthing Park in West Sussex.

One of the accused was 17 when the attack occurred and so could not be named. Harry Furlong, now 18, has been identified as Harry Furlong of Horsham in West Sussex.

The two other boys, now 14 and 15, cannot be identified.

All three of them deny intently inflicting bodily injury.

The court heard that the teens beat Mr Willson. “sticks”According to the boy, they were accused of picking on him.

A large, boxed-up log that Mr. Willson had been allegedly battered was displayed to the jury.

According to the court, the log weighed in at 2.7kg with its packaging.

Prosecutors claim it is the same log found covered in blood next to Mr Willson’s body on April 4 last year and said that DNA from at least two of the defendants, including Furlong, was found on the handle-end of the implement.

The alleged attack left Mr Willson unconscious.

His wife was alerted by a phone call and arrived at the scene close to their home to find her husband struggling to breathe and bleeding from his ears.

On arrival, paramedics discovered the bloody branch near Mr Willson. Dr Charlotte Randall, a forensic pathologist, said that his injuries were consistent in blunt force trauma.

The boys were reported to have left the scene. Lewes Crown Court in Hove heard them boast about it and was caught on CCTV cameras recreating what happened.

The defendants met with people at Goring Railway Station around 30 minutes after the alleged attack and reenacted it. This was seen in court using CCTV footage.

The two alleged attackers boarded a train from Worthing to reenact the incident while they chatting with each other.

The court heard that the two men then allegedly committed violence again against a Worthing male.

Interviews with police revealed that those who ran into teens after the incident claimed they were boys. “bragging”Find out what actually happened.

One said that one of the defendants seemed to be mocking what had occurred.

There was no sign of remorse. The same person said the same thing in police interviews.

Ms. White added: “Within an hour of the incident, no less than four times telling anybody who would listen, showing them what they had done.

“At the same time, Mr Wilson was receiving emergency treatment and being taken to hospital.”

Another teenage girl who spoke with them said the boys were a problem. “fake beating the air”Giggling and laughing “please stop”Ms White said this to the court.

The court heard that Mr Willson had a stick and was armed when he entered Longcroft Park, Durrington, Worthing.

His wife, however, insisted that he wasn’t an aggressive person who would ever try to harm children.