Thugs chopped dog’s head off in ‘revenge’ attack at pub


Two punters have been jailed after they chopped a dog’s head off and left it hanging on a door handle in a “barbaric” revenge attack following a row at a pub.

Ashley Grundy, 31, and Steven Robinson, 39, beheaded the Yorkshire Terrier after Grundy threatened a fellow customer at the Baron’s Rest pub in Astley Village, near Chorley, on May 19, 2018.

The following morning, the Lancashire thugs targeted the victim’s mother’s house and stole their pet Bailey before driving back to the boozer to carry out the evil attack.

The twisted duo dumped the body at the pub and left the head on the door handle of the victim’s home, who woke up to find the decapitated dog alongside her horrified child.

Robinson has been jailed for the horrific attack
Robinson has been jailed for the horrific attack

Police launched an investigation following the incident and carried out extensive enquiries to bring the pair to justice, reports The Mirror.

After trawling through CCTV footage, officers spotted images showing Robinson discarding an item into a bush, which was wrapped in a car. The item was later found to be Bailey’s decapitated body.

Grundy of Preston Street, Kirkham and Robinson, of Devonshire Street, Lancaster were jailed for 19 months at Preston Crown Court for criminal damage and outraging public decency.

Sgt Paul Harrison, of Lancashire Police said: “This was a lengthy investigation which involved a number of officers.

The Yorkshire terroir was partly dumped at the pub
The Yorkshire terroir was partly dumped at the pub

“Officers sat through hours of CCTV and had to go through distressing incidents to compare the DNA from Bailey’s head and carcass to the DNA of the blood found in and on the vehicle that Grundy and Robinson were using.

“I’d like to thank all the officers involved who worked tirelessly to bring this investigation to a conclusion.

“I now hope that this can give some closure to the victim who lost a beloved pet due to the barbaric act of these two individuals.”

The Crown Prosecutor described the incident as an act of revenge and intimidation which was intended to ’cause maximum fear to the victims’.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here .