University of Idaho Murders: Investigators Find 2 Other People Were Home when 4 Students were Killed


Investigators working to solve the mystery of the four Idaho University students found slain Sunday have been visiting stores asking if there had been any sales of what’s called a Rambo knife, leading some to wonder if such a blade was used to carry out the killings.

Rambo knives are made of seven-inch steel blades that are partially serrated.

Police have not located the weapon that killed Kaylee Congalves Madison Mogen Ethan Chapin and Xana Kernodle. They were found stabbed to death on Sunday morning in a murder mystery that has devastated the University of Idaho and their families. Police have been looking for it in dumpsters.

The front door of the house where the killings occurred has a keypad lock, but victims’ friends say that not everyone knew how to open it. There’s also a sliding door at the rear of the house that may have been unlocked.

Authorities are not able to say where the bodies of the four victims were found in the house with six bedrooms and three baths.

Two other roommates were also present in the house at the time the four students were killed, according to authorities. They survived the massacre, but Moscow Police Chief James Fry said cops weren’t called to the house until nine after the murders took place.

Fry noted that he didn’t call the other two witnesses inside the home, and he said so. “I said they were there. We don’t know why that call came in at noon instead of the middle of the night. Would we love for that to have happened? Yes.

“I’m not going to go into what they shared that night,”He continued. Officials said the two surviving roommates are not suspects and have been cooperating with the investigation.

Bill Thompson, County Prosecutor said the questions were “what actually occurred”And “what was heard” still remain.

Congalves, Mogen and their manager at the food truck where Congalves ordered food hours before their deaths claimed that he still remembers the young women and that he was watching them.

“It seemed like the guy arrives at the same time as they do, it seems like he almost looks exactly at the camera, then puts a hat on pulls his hood up, steps to the side, and is hanging around the truck, seems interested in them and leaves the same time as they leave,”The manager said.

Police said that they were not threatening other students. “We cannot say there is no threat to the community. please stay vigilant report and suspicious activity be aware of your surroundings at all times.”

Police stated that they have no evidence linking to the September incident when a man armed with a knife confronted several students outside a student centre to the massacre.

While most students have left the campus, a few remained to observe the gates. Wednesday’s basketball game at the University of Idaho was also a memorial to the four victims.

“Ethan, Kaylee, Xana and Madison—excuse me—their loss has been devastating,”C. Scott Green, President of the University of Idaho, said this as he choked back his tears. “And they were bright lights in our community.”


Share this article

Recent posts

Popular categories

Recent comments