It was a disgusting, dirty, and smelly job. However, the owner of a Washington park cellphone felt that she had no choice but to do it.
A woman, using a vault toilet that is actually a sophisticated outsidehouse, fell headfirst into a pool of excrement to retrieve her cellphone which she had dropped in the muck.
“She then attempted to dismantle the toilet and retrieve it. After disassembling the seat and housing, she used her dog’s leash to try fishing it out,”Brinnon Fire Service wrote on its Facebook Page.
The truly horrible happened next.
“She slid into, and fell into, the vault headfirst,”The department stated. “After 15-20 minutes of attempting to get out, she used her phone to call 911.”
Firefighters set up a temporary platform to allow her to stand and were able then pull her away from danger.
Rescuers took her to the hospital and gave her a hazmat suit.
She declined medical attention.
The woman “was strongly encouraged to seek medical attention after being exposed to human waste, but she only wanted to leave,”According to the social media post.
“She thanked the responders and continued her journey back to California,”The department stated.
“The patient was extremely fortunate not to be overcome by toxic gases or sustain injury.”